by Solenis at RZP School Ritghar, Panvel
SOLENIS CHEMICALS INDIA
Solenis is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power and municipal markets. The company’s product portfolio includes process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. More information, please visit www.solenis.com.
Total Literacy for India – Our Mission
‘Total Literacy in India’ is the mission that we share with Rotary India Literacy Mission. It aims to eradicate illiteracy from India by 2026 and has initiated many plans to bring normal children, special-needs children, out-of-school children and illiterate adults to get proper education and become part of the literate India.
Under Rotary India Literacy Mission, one of the greatest contributions to education is to convert an under-privileged school into a Happy School. ‘Happy School’ is one such initiative wherein we select a needy & deserving elementary school and provide/upgrade infrastructural and/or co-scholastic facilities there, to make it a secure, attractive and happy learning-teaching place for students and teachers.
Responsible Care by Solenis
Solenis has a commitment to make a positive impact on the communities in which it operates. The Raighad Zilla Parishad (RZP) School at Ritghar is the chosen school for Solenis Responsible Care Support in India.
The financial support to refurbish the school in Panvel, about 15 km from our manufacturing plant is most fitting, as it would enhance the education experience of 140 children studying there, by transforming it into a Happy School.
The School Chosen for Happy School
Towards this goal, we decided to work around the needs of Raighad Zilla Parishad School. The school had three basic buildings and committed teaching staff but a lot was desired on the infrastructure and facilities front.
The government-aided school has three small buildings that cater to Balwadi (Jr KG & Sr KG) and Primary (1st – 4th Std.) classes. The school was in dire need of repairs, painting and many facilities such as:
- Water-proofing and roofing
- Safety grills
- Drinking water
- Toilet rooms repairs
- Hand wash area
- School class rooms needed repair and a coat of paint
- Updated staff room
Making of a ‘Happy School’
The club started with zeal and commitment to address these issues and do every effort possible to bring these amenities to the school.
With the help of the funds given by Solenis, we have completed following work:
- Fixing of MS Grill for the first building, including painting of the same (in size 54 ft x 30 ft )- Grill Size 370 sqft area @cost – Rs 30,000/-
- Painting of school buildings –
- External side of all 3 school buildings and inside boundary wall and application of 2 Coats of Birla cement paint including painting of doors, windows and window grills with enamel paint.Total Area- 5280sq ft.
- Internal walls /ceilings of all 3 buildings with one coat of Distemper. Total Area- 8530 sq ft.
- @ total cost – Rs. 60,000/-
- Providing 2nos of Doors , Electricity bulbs and water connection to the existing toilets. @ Rs 6,000/-
- Preparing and installing a permanent marble engraved structure displaying Solenis name, at the venue @ Rs 5,000/-
Apart from these amenities, we also provided following facilities, that are sponsored by many individual donors and our own members.
- An additional roof to restrict seepage , on top of twomain school buildings and half portion of old store room building roof.
- A drinking water station for the students with hand-wash basins so that children get into the good habit of hand washing before mid-day meal.
- Repairing of 4 nos MS window, covering and making 2 nos MS window repairing of MS doors for the proposed Library room
- Providing a well-stocked library with two cupboards, one table and six chairs
- Providing swings and other sports equipment for children to play during sports period
- HP brand desktop computer for the school teachers and staff for convenience of reporting and accounting.