Navigating Life Together
PNB METLIFE INDIA
PNB MetLife is a partnership between leading global life insurance provider MetLife and India’s leading nationalised bank PNB. Present in over 7,000 locations in India, PNB MetLife provides a wide range of life, health and retirement insurance products.
Technology is bridging the gap between the consumers and insurance companies; insurtech will be a critical engagement tool in the future. PNB MetLife has been on the forefront of innovation in terms of its product design and customer services. We are among the first insurance firms to integrate technology to support continuous innovation and customer centricity; thereby, provide superior customer service. In the last couple of quarters alone, PNB MetLife has been on a spree of introducing new technology – the PNB MetLife Infinity app, ConVRse and Dr Jeevan.
- PNB MetLife Infinity is a secure platform for individuals to save all their important documents. Our Infinity app reached 30,000 plus downloads in first 30 days, which is a great success barometer.
- ConVRse is an experiential virtual reality platform built in collaboration between MetLife’s innovation center – LumenLab in Singapore and PNB MetLife in India. This is the first time that virtual reality is being used in the insurance industry to benefit the customers directly through superior experience and availability of experts. It provides a differentiated, immersive and a personalized experience to the customer through the VR headset available in 15 PNB MetLife branches across 10 cities.
- Dr. Jeevan is the Life Insurance industry’s first AI powered interactive chatbot solution on Facebook Messenger platform. Dr. Jeevan helps users know their health quotient, educates them on India’s top two critical illnesses – Cancer and Heart, with interactive videos and provides personalized quotation for PNB MetLife Mera Heart and Cancer Care within the Facebook platform itself.
Rural Outreach & Social Upliftment
PNB MetLife believes in a good corporate citizenship approach and we are committed to help different communities grow in various aspects and is determined to apply constant efforts towards creation of a sustainable environment and society for everyone. Our CSR strategy and approach is to contribute to six critical areas – financial inclusion, health, education and vocational training, disaster relief and rehabilitation, promotion of nationally recognised sports and most importantly, insurance awareness.
Key initiatives of PNB MetLife’s CSR Programme:
Financial Inclusion: MetLife Foundation is committed towards providing low-income families and individuals with the financial tools to improve their lives in identified segments.
- Trickle Up: MetLife Foundation and Trickle Up, an international NGO, kicked-off its innovative economic and social empowerment program, Graduation Approach. MetLife Foundation has awarded a US$1.1 million, 3-year grant to Trickle Up to work with 100,000 ultra-poor households in Jharkhand, Odisha and West Bengal to help them “graduate” from severe poverty
- Sesame Workshop India: Keeping in mind that financial behaviors are predominantly influenced by families and the habits we learn in childhood, MetLife Foundation kick-started this exciting project with the Sesame workshop called “Dream, Save, Do: Financial Empowerment for Families.” The program helps children and adults in their lives acquire and use healthy financial skills and behaviors. This initiative has touched 1.7 million people through community engagement and over 18 million children through television
- Women’s World Banking and Ujjivan: MetLife Foundation has also been supporting Ujjivan (via Women’s World Banking) and Parinaam Foundation in Delhi to strengthen the ability of unbanked women entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and use credit well.
Health Initiatives: We have supported health and hygiene initiatives in schools for underprivileged children by building toilets in Orissa and Delhi through Nirman Foundation and Habitat for Humanity, which have benefited more than 800 children. In addition to this, health and hygiene workshops were also conducted for the children to instill the importance of cleanliness and sanitary practices.
Education and Vocational Training: We continuously strive to provide opportunities to children in identified locations to get access and help in getting education in schools, helping school drop-outs with skill training in collaboration with our NGO partners CRY (Child Rights and You), PRAJNA Counselling Centre, in Jammu and Kashmir and Karnataka.
- PNB MetLife (PMLI) and Jammu & Kashmir Bank (JKB), in partnership with CRY set up a project towards the education and development of children across the districts of Baramullah, Bandipora, Pulwama and Srinagar, impacting lives of over 35,000 under-privileged children.
- PNB MetLife has worked with Prajna Counselling Centre in Karnataka to enrol 648 children in creches. The programme has also sensitized over 750 poor and marginalized families about early childhood care and development of younger children across 30 villages among many other initiatives within first eight months.
Disaster Relief and Rehabilitation Activities: During the unfortunate floods in Jammu & Kashmir, PNB MetLife set up Medical Camp in branches, arranged for sending blankets and medicine kits along with working closely with various NGOs for rehabilitation work in the valley, reaching out to more than 13,000 families. A 6-month grace period was provided to policyholders for premium payment along with dedicated claim settlement helpline which was set up again during Hudhud cyclone and Tamil Nadu floods.
Promotion of Nationally Recognised Sports: PNB MetLife Junior Badminton Championship (JBC) has provided career-building opportunities to young and budding talent. Through JBC, the company has provided scholarships to 24 talented underprivileged children and 18 national winners to train in reputed badminton academies in the country over the last two years. This has given confidence to these children and has motivated their families, who were finding it difficult due to financial constraints, to support their passion.
Insurance Awareness Initiatives: Insurance is perceived as a complex subject with great deal of intricacies. To break this mind-block and help in understanding insurance in a simpler manner, PNB MetLife conducts workshops in partnership with Insurance Foundation of India (IFI). With a cumulative outreach of 230,000 people across Jammu & Kashmir, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh, PNB MetLife aims to reach out to the rural and semi-urban population driving the key message of insurance awareness and financial inclusion.