Jacobs Women & Inclusive Network (JWIN)
JACOBS ENGINEERING INDIA
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional, and construction services, including all aspects of architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting.
Our 54,000 employees in 230+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organizations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
Women are historically underrepresented in the Construction & Engineering Industry. In Jacobs, male to female ratio is 5:1 leading to pockets in the company that have weak female presence. This industry and company-wide asymmetry necessitates the presence of a committed women’s network that provides a sustainable and progressive platform to women such that we:
- achieve diversity of thought and action;
- identify and groom talent;
- broaden access to opportunities;
- facilitate career growth through active engagement in leadership roles;
- harvest untapped potential;
- drive a collaborative and inclusive environment; and
- improve client engagement,
Ultimately leading to an increase in employee engagement, retention, and growth.
Goals and Objectives
The Network seeks to achieve its mission by:
- Strengthening interpersonal leadership, management and technical skills through a program of professional development events
- Providing a robust networking platform within local chapters and between chapters around the world
- Elevating the profile of talented women to provide them with new opportunities and improve the business’ access to talent
- Raising and addressing gender-specific challenges in partnership with management
- Developing a structure and culture that supports sustainable growth for the network
Vision of the Network is “Creating a comprehensive & inclusive environment to harvest untapped potential and catalyse growth through active engagement in leadership roles”.
The Jacobs Women’s Network is a flexible vehicle to provide women and men with the opportunity to build multi-national connections, develop leadership and technical skills, and enhance their careers at Jacobs. JWIN also aims to promote culture of the organization to have a discrimination free workplace with Equal Opportunity-Equal Responsibility.
We intend to aim at the following through this network:
- Empower and mentor women employees to rise to leadership positions
- Increase the number of women employees in the region
- Retain talent and make Jacobs the preferred choice for women employees
- Increase Company’s productivity
Tools to make the program successful:
- Senior leadership commitment to network growth
- Chapter leaders work with their local operations managers to obtain support and resources
- Participation from male employees at various stages with cross-mentoring roles to affect change in overall culture when it comes to promoting female leadership
- A group of committed female leaders across the board from difference disciplines and regions coach and mentor younger talent