DuPont in India
E.I. DUPONT INDIA
DuPont has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders, we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit www.dupont.com.
The company has a significant footprint in the country with 4,000 colleagues, the DuPont Knowledge Center (DKC) and the DuPont Services Center in Hyderabad as well as the DuPont India Innovation Center in Gurgaon. The company has manufacturing centers across four locations at Savli in Gujarat, Sohna in Haryana, Medchal in Telangana and Madurai In Tamil Nadu.
Ram Mudholkar is the President of DuPont South Asia.
For more than 200 years, DuPont has brought world-class science and engineering to the global market place through innovative products, materials and services. Our market-driven innovation introduces thousands of new products and inventions every year serving diverse industries across 90 countries.
Today, DuPont is building on this heritage by partnering with others to tackle the unprecedented challenges in food, energy and protection facing our world. The company is working with customers, governments, NGOS and thought leaders to discover solutions to today’s toughest challenges- provide enough healthy food for people everywhere, decrease dependence on fossil fuels, as well as protect people and the environment for generations to come.
The portfolio of DuPont spans offerings across a variety of market segments comprising agriculture, food and nutrition, auto, safety and protection (including defense), renewable energy, healthcare, home and construction, electronics, transportation, infrastructure and textiles. Some of the well-known brands of DuPont are: Coragen®, Ferterra®, Kevlar®, Nomex®, Tyvek®, Surlyn®, Delrin® and Sorona®.
DuPont believes science can play a vital role in addressing key challenges in India. Showcasing our commitment to this belief, DuPont launched The Power of Shunya™, an initiative which is about working collaboratively with customers, partners, government, and others to deliver sciencepowered solutions that contribute to India’s growth. To know more about how DuPont harnessed The Power of Shunya™ in collaboration with other organizations, please visit www.dupont.co.in/Shunya
Driving Progress Through Sustainability
At DuPont, we believe in creating innovative, sustainable solutions towards a healthier, safer planet and supporting communities in which we operate around the world.
In line with its approach of paying it forward to the communities we live and work in, DuPont demonstrates commitment to corporate social responsibility programs across India. The company has aligned its CSR focus to Government of India’s flagship initiatives like Swachh Bharat (Clean India), Skill India and Beti Bachao Beti Padao (Save & Educate the Girl Child).
The following themes form the bedrock of DuPont’s CSR policy in the country:
- Advancing Social Progress: Focuses on increasing access to opportunity, supporting underprivileged children, youth, women along with families and fostering understanding amongst community members.
- Enhancing Economic Success: Aims at revitalizing neighbourhoods, helping people achieve self-sufficiency and enhancing their quality of life.
- Enabling Environmental Excellence: Partnering with programs and organizations that conserve, nurture and protect the planet.
DuPont India champions several CSR programs focused on community development, education with an emphasis on the girl child, skill development & employability, women empowerment, health & sanitation as well as environmental conservation.
- Roz Ka Meo model village development, Mewat, Haryana – DuPont India is working on developing Roz Ka Meo into a model village with the goal of improving the standard of living for almost 400 families in the village through various community-based activities focused on four core areas i.e. education, skill development, health and sanitation, environment.
Education & Skill Development
- Greens Special School, Hyderabad – DuPont India is supporting the education and skill development of 75 differently-abled children and adults in the age group of 3-25 through Greens Special School at Hyderabad. The company also provides salary support to the trainers for these special children.
- Education as Path to Progress, Mumbai – DuPont provides comprehensive support in areas of education, health and skill development to 300 children of migrant workers in Hanuman Nagar & Pawne gaon slum communities in Navi Mumbai, Thane District of Maharashtra.
- Pardada Pardadi, Bulandshahr, UP – In line with its commitment to education of the girl child, DuPont supports the primary education of 200 girl students from class VI to XII at a school set up by PPES at Bulandshahr, UP. The school aims to teach them traditional curriculum as well as leadership and life skills.
- Prayatna School of Excellence, Gurgaon – DuPont supports the education of 150 underprivileged children in the age group of 6 to 16 years at the Prayatna School, Gurgaon. It works on imparting quality education and overall development in sports, recreation, art and theatre to the students.
Livelihood & Women Empowerment
- Strengthening On Farm Livelihood, Haryana and Telangana – Spearheaded by DuPont India, this program works to raise awareness about agribusiness among the farmer community comprising 40% women farmers. Implemented in 10 villages across Haryana and Telangana over a period of 1 year, the learnings help them transition smoothly from sustenance farming to commercial farming.
- Ajeevika, Hyderabad – DuPont India is supporting Ajeevika, a vocational training program for 150 women hailing from backward communities in Hafeezpet, Hyderabad. The project aims to provide market linkages to enable women entrepreneurship.
Health & Sanitation Programs
- Mobile Health Clinics, Savli, Gujarat – DuPont enables mobile healthcare services to improve the health and nutrition profile of underprivileged communities across 23 villages in the vicinity of of Savli, Vadodara, Gujarat. Several health awareness initiatives along with specific disease screening and prevention camps have been conducted impacting 20,294 beneficiaries till December 2016.
- Water Conservation & Harvesting, Sohna, Haryana – DuPont is working on water conservation and harvesting in Sehjawas village of Sohna, Haryana. This is being done through building awareness and engaging the community members towards these objectives.