Interactive Roundtable with Chargé d’Affaires MaryKay Carlson, U.S. Embassy
Chargé d’Affaires MaryKay Carlson, U.S. Embassy, hosted a closed door interactive roundtable for AMCHAM’s leadership on 31st May 2017 at ACSA, U.S. Embassy. CDA Carlson welcomed members and gave a brief overview of the economic and political landscape between both countries. Mr. Gulshan Sachdev, Vice Chairman, AMCHAM and Managing Director, Quaker Chemical India, gave opening remarks. Ms. Ranjana Khanna, Director General CEO, AMCHAM and Mr. Pratyush Kumar, Chairman, AMCHAM and President, Boeing India, also gave remarks.
The discussion focused on challenges and opportunities in the U.S. – India economic partnership. It was a productive discussion on aviation, defense, healthcare, medical devices, ICT, intellectual property rights, cyber security and agriculture and food processing. It was envisaged that regular roundtables would occur with AMCHAM to apprise the embassy of industry concerns.
CDA Carlson was joined by the following U.S. Embassy officials in the meeting:
- Patrick Santillo, Minister Counselor for Commercial Affairs
- Chad Norberg, Trade and Technology Unit Chief
- Mark Wallace, Agricultural Attache – India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka
- Major Joshua Hallada, Director, Defense Cooperation in Armaments (DCA), Office of Defense Cooperation
- Dinah McDougall, Commercial Officer, U.S. Embassy
- Rachel Duran, Commercial Officer, U.S. Embassy