HR Committee Meeting
The third meeting of AmCham’s HR Committee was held on 22nd September 2016 in Bangalore at the IBM office, under the leadership of Mr. DP Singh, Chairman – HR Committee and VP – HR (India/South Asia), IBM India and Mr. Sameer Mathur, Co-Chair and SVP – HR, Citibank. Ms. Mamta Uppal, Membership & Events Manager, AmCham, welcomed the committee members.
Mr. DP Singh in his opening observations apprised the participants about the sudden demise of Paridhi Goel Thakur, a young employee of AmCham, who was in charge of the HR Committee. A two-minute silence was also observed as a mark of respect to Paridhi. A condolence resolution was passed by the Chair, Co-Chair and committee members and “The Paridhi Excellence Award” was announced.
Going forward, for the remaining 2016 and first quarter of 2017, the HR Committee would be focusing on the following 3 charters:
- HR Digitization and Future of Work, Chair, Mr. Sarthak RayChaudhuri, Whirlpool of India Limited
- Labor Reforms, Chair, Mr. Pramath Nath, KPMG
- Employee Frauds, Chair, Ms. Kavita Mathur, GT
The following two presentations were made:
- Pavithra Sampath, HRTO Manager, IBM – made a presentation on fraud analytics
- Neha Chakraborthy, Recruitment Leader, IBM – made a presentation on IBM’s background checks for recruitments
In his concluding remarks, Mr. DP Singh thanked the committee members for their participation.