Avenues 2014: ET-Amcham Industry Government Interface, 25 June 2014, New Delhi
With the announcement of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to the USA, the Economic Times and AMCHAM India held a special Industry-Government Interface (“Avenues 2014”) before the next Union Budget is presented to the Indian Parliament.
Industry will support Government in taking US-India economic relations to a new high and achieving the $500 billion mark in bilateral trade.
This half-day interface took place on 25th June 2014 at The Leela Palace, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi.
Along with knowledge partners Deloitte and KPMG, partner companies included:
• Aviation – UTC/Pratt & Whitney
• ICT – ATC Tower Company and IBM
• Energy/Infrastructure – Ingersoll Rand and UTC
• Defense – Honeywell and Lockheed Martin
Four sectors, aviation, ICT, enery/infrastructure and defense, were represented by US companies and participated in a panel discussion moderated by the Economic Times, with various GOI officials. The defense session took place behind closed doors and was moderated by The Economic Times. This event was a necessary step to open the line of communication between US companies operating in India and the government of India.
The Union Minister of Communications & Information Technology, GOI, Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad, was the Chief Guest. The Minister of Civil Aviation, GOI, Mr. Ashok Gajapathi Raju Pusapati, was the Guest of Honour.
The ministers were received by a core group of CEOs namely:
• Ms. Vanitha Narayanan, Managing Director, IBM India
• Mr. Wim Elfrink, Executive Vice President, Industry Solutions & Chief Globalisation Officer, Cisco Systems Inc.
• Mr. Madan Mohan Rao Yalamanchili, Managing Director, S&P Capital IQ
The inaugural session speakers included:
• Mr. Ajay Singha, Executive Director, Amcham India
• Mr. Satyan Gajwani, CEO Times Internet, The Times Group
• Mr. Michael P. Pelletier, Deputy Chief of Mission, US Embassy, Chargé d’Affaires
• Mr. Zubin J Irani, President UTC Building & Industrial Systems United Technologies Corporation India Pvt. Ltd.
The Civil Aviation: Building Synergies panel was moderated by Mr. TK Arun, Editor – Opinion, The Economic Times. Panelists included:
• Mr. Palash Roy Chowdhury, Managing Director – India (Pratt & Whitney), United Technologies Corporation India Pvt. Ltd. Chairman, Amcham Civil Aviation Committee
• Mr. Amber Dubey, Partner, KPMG India, Co-Chairman, Amcham Civil Aviation Committee
• Mr. Ashok Gajapathi Raju Pusapati, Civil Aviation Minister, Govt. of India
• Mr. Ashok Lavasa, Secretary, Civil Aviation, Govt. of India
The Infrastructure & Energy panel was moderated by Mr. Himangshu Watts, Editor – Infrastructure & Energy, The Economic Times. Panelists for session included:
• Mr. Venkatesh Valluri, Chairman and President, Ingersoll Rand (India) Ltd., Chairman, U.S. – India Energy Co-operation Program
• Mr. Gaurang Pandya, Managing Director, Carrier India (UTC)
• Mr. Narendra Taneja, National Convener, Energy Cell, BJP
• Mr. Alok Srivastava, Joint Secretary, Ministry of New & Renewable Energy, Govt. of India
• Mr. Dhanendra Kumar, Former, Secretary, Roads & Highways and Former, Executive Director, World Bank
• Ms. Kalpana Jain, Senior Director, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
The session entitled Reviving Information and Communication Technology Growth was moderated by Mr. Shelley Singh, Editor – Technology, The Economic Times. The panelist included:
• Mr. Amit Sharma, Executive Vice President, President Asia, ATC Tower Company of India Pvt. Ltd., Chairman, Amcham ICT Committee
• Mr. Atul Dhawan, Partner, Deloitte Haskins & Sells Managing Director, IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
• Mr. RS Sharma, Secretary Department of Electronics & IT, GOI
• Ms. Rita Teaotia, Additional Secretary, Department of Telecom, GOI
• Mr.Vinit Goenka, National Co-Convener, IT Cell, BJP
• Mr. Atul Dhawan, Partner, Deloitte Haskins & Sells
The Defense Collaboration group met behind closed doors with Mr. TK Arun, Editor – Opinion, The Economic Times. Panelists included:
• Mr. Pritam K. Bhavnani, President, Honeywell Aerospace High Growth Region, Chairman, Amcham Defense Committee
• Mr. Phil Shaw, Chief Executive, Lockheed Martin India Private Limited, Co-Chairman, Amcham Defense Committee
• Mr. Gaurav Mehndiratta, Partner, KPMG India, Co-Chairman, Amcham Defense Committee
For more information, photos and press coverage please visit: