Meeting with Chief Minister of Gujarat, Smt. Anandiben Patel December 15, 2014 at Gandhinagar.
Amcham met with the Chief Minister of Gujarat, Smt. Anandiben Patel, and senior officials of the State Government on 15th December in Gandhinagar.
Other state government officials present included:
• Mr. K. Kailashnathan, Additional Chief Secretary to Chief Minister, Government of Gujarat
• Mr. Atanu Chakraborty, Principle Secretary, Industries & Mines Department, Government of Gujarat
• Ms. Mamta Verma, Industries Commissioner, Government of Gujarat
• Mr. P. Swaroop, Managing Director, Industrial Extension Bureau
• Mr. Ramakant Jha, Managing Director & Group CEO, Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT)
• Mr. Dipesh Shah, Vice President Business Development, Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT)
The delegation included:
• Mr. Thomas Vajda, Consul General, US Consulate General
• Mr. Rustom Desai, Managing Director, Corning India
• Mr. Prabal Chakraborthy, VP and Managing Director, Boston Scientific
• Ms. Devyani Rana, Director – Government Affairs, Caterpillar
• Mr. Kel Kearns, Director, Ford
• Mr. Rakesh Chitkara, Vice President Corporate Affairs, GE
• Mr. P Balendran, Vice President Corporate Affairs, General Motors
• Mr. Varun Jain, Director – Government Affairs, Honeywell
• Mr. Jagmohan Singh, Regional Director, Lockheed Martin
• Mr. AK Mathur, Country Manager, Raytheon
• Mr. Jairam Panch, Managing Director, Turner International Consulting
• Mr. Rajneesh Kumar, Vice President Corporate Affairs, Wal-Mart
• Mr. Syed Kazim, Vice President India & Middle East, Xcoal India
• Mr. John Samuel, Managing Director – Health & Public Services, Accenture
• Mr. Ajay Singha, Executive Director, Amcham
• Ms. Valerie Swope, Program Coordinator, Amcham
Opening remarks were made by Mr. Thomas Vajda, Consul General, U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai. Mr. Rustom J. Desai, Member, Amcham’s National Executive Board; and Chairman, Manufacturing Committee (Managing Director, Corning India and Telecom Operations) addressed the Chief Minister on manufacturing in Gujarat – key opportunities and challenges.
Brief remarks were made by individual delegates on their engagement in the state – opportunities and challenges. Some issues were flagged by the state government for finding speedy solutions.
Highlights of the meeting included:
• The state is reviewing and revising their purchase policy. Amcham has offered to compile integrated input regarding the purchase policy.
• The government would like to focus on ease of doing business in the state. Amcham input is welcomed on this subject also.
• There is a nodal agency for all infrastructure of Gujarat
• The current Vibrant Gujarat agenda was shared (11-13 Jan 2015).
• The Chief Minister encouraged companies to participate in Vibrant Gujarat.