Amcham meeting with Mr. Daniel Poneman, Deputy Energy Secretary and his delegation 29 July 2014 – Bangalore
Mr. Daniel Poneman, Deputy Energy Secretary and his high-level delegation met with Amcham companies at Bangalore on 29 July. Mr. George Sibley, Acting Counsel General, Chennai Consulate; Mr. Samuel Rothenberg, Political/Economic Officer; Ms. Ariadne BenAissa, U.S. Department of Energy and other Consular staff were present.
Amcham representatives included:
• Mr George Mathew, Managing Director, Exeter India
• Mr Naresh Shah, President, ESSN, Hewlett Packard
• Ms Sharmila Bharathan, Head Corporate Affairs, GE Energy
• Dr. Prashant Pradhan, Business Head, IBM’s Smarter Planet initiative
• Mr Varun Jain, Honeywell, Director, Policy and Regulatory Affairs
• Mr Srinivasan Raghavan, Director, Engineering, Honeywell
• Mr. Rahul Chatterjee, Director – Business Development, Praxair
• Mr Umakanth Rajnikanth, UL – Energy Head South Asia
• Mr Vikas Dabeer, Director – Business Development, Applied Materials
The discussions focused on the U.S.-India collaboration on clean energy and the ways the two countries can partner to build a sustainable, clean energy future for both nations. It also touched on energy initiatives between India and the U.S.