AmCham-KPMG-Deloitte Conference Call on GST – Road Ahead for Industry
AmCham, along with KPMG and Deloitte, organized a conference call on “GST – Road Ahead for Industry” on 23rd August 2016. The speakers were:
• Mr. Vikas Vasal, Chairman AmCham’s Tax, Tariff & Regulatory Affairs Committee and Partner, Head Deal Advisory, M&A Tax (North), KPMG in India
• Ms. Neeru Ahuja, Co-Chairperson AmCham’s Tax, Tariff & Regulatory Affairs Committee and Partner, Business Tax, Deloitte Haskins & Sells LLP
• Mr. Sachin Menon, Partner & Head of Indirect Tax, KPMG in India
• Ms. Anjlika Chopra, Senior Director, Deloitte Haskins & Sells LLP
• Mr. R. Sridhar, Vice President – Taxation, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd.
Subjects covered were the likely date of GST implementation, likely rate of GST, past credit, input credit, continuation of export and state incentives, valuation rules, etc.
AmCham has already made one representation on GST to the Ministry of Finance. If more inputs are received from members, another representation would be made and presented to the Ministry of Finance and the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers.