AMCHAM membership is offered to U.S.-based companies operating in India under one or more of the following categories:
(a) As a 100% subsidiary of a U.S. company
(b) As a Branch Office (with the approval of the Reserve Bank of India)
(c) As a Liaison Office (with the approval of the Reserve Bank of India)
(d) As a majority equity holder in a joint venture
(e) As an equal partner in a joint venture with the management control held by the U.S. company.
(f) Non Majority US Owned Companies engaged in those businesses which are not allowed to be majority owned on account of Government imposed Sectoral Caps, provided these companies have invested to the maximum limit of the permissible Sectoral Caps and are in the management control through the company documents and contractual arrangements.
The membership of these companies can be reviewed by the Board from time to time in line with revision in Sectoral Caps and the eligibility of these companies in line with the membership requirements.
There are three categories of membership: corporate, additional and honorary.
This membership is offered to American companies operating in India:
- Either as a 100% subsidiary of a U.S. Company
- Or as a Branch Office (with Reserve Bank of India approval)
- Or as a Liaison Office (with Reserve Bank of India approval)
- Or as a majority equity holder in a joint venture
- Or as an equal partner in a joint venture but the management control being with the U.S. Company.
- Or as a minority equity holder where an investment cap on that particular sector is imposed by the Government of India and the US Company has invested to the maximum extent permissible under the cap. Proof of management control being with the U.S. Company is required to be submitted by the company and approved by the Executive Board.
Additional Member (from Corporate Member organizations)
Corporate members can have additional membership from the same organization either at the same Chapter or at any other Chapter of AMCHAM. These members do not have any voting rights at any AMCHAM meetings.
Honorary Members are individuals and/or entities so appointed solely by invitation by AMCHAM’s National Executive Board at its sole discretion. These members do not pay membership subscription and do not vote at AMCHAM meetings.
If you are interested in becoming a member of AMCHAM, please fill in the Application Form and send it to the Director General CEO of AMCHAM for processing it through the membership committee which examines all membership applications and decides on admission of all new members.
The annual (1st April 2018 – 31st March 2019) membership subscription is as follows:
|MEMBERSHIP||AMOUNT|| GST 18%
|Corporate||INR 1,10,000||INR 19,800||INR 1,35,700*|
|Additional||INR 55,000||INR 9,900||INR 64,900|
*Total excludes a one time processing fee of Rs. 5000 (plus 18% GST) for new corporate members
To inquire about membership please contact:
Ms. Mamta Uppal
Membership & Events Manager
Tel : +91-11-2652 5201/02
E-mail : email@example.com
Click To Apply For Membership